my question refers to these items:
Donkeycar power needs:
- compute: pi, jetson, neural stick
- servo: steer
- throttle: forward motion
Donkeycar power availability:
- the battery that comes with the RC car
- Anker battery suggested for basic Donkeycar with pca9685
- Turnigy battery suggested for better profile energy
- Inui suggest for Jetson Nano
I really know zero about RC and am putting together RL experiments with these compute devices. So please let me ask silly questions:
- let’s say I start with no sombrero. so I am using pca9685 and a raspberry pi. I attach the Anker battery. is this Anker powering all 3 needs listed above (pi, servo, throttle)? or is the original battery that comes with the RC contributing power to the servo throttle and so must be charged and connected?
- when I switch to sombreo, I will use the turnigy. I inferred from the video that this battery alone would then be powering all 3 needs. Is this correct?
- with Jetson Nano, is the inui also powering all three needs?
a common thread threw all 3 questions, but not the whole question, is whether the original RC battery is needed in these 3 different configurations. I ask because, the related question is:
4. Can I dispense with the original battery that comes with my RC in order to save weight?
I am running this on a 1/16th Short Course Truck from Exceed.
thank you for the help!