30: – -- – – -- – – -- – -- – – – -- – --
40: – -- – – -- – – -- – -- – – – -- – --
50: – -- – – -- – – -- – -- – – – -- – --
60: – -- – – -- – – -- – -- – – – -- – --
70: – -- – – -- – – --

Not sure how to proceed

Still no devices on channel 1 but channel 2 does have two:
Screenshot%20from%202019-11-25%2009-33-40

being quite the newbe with hardware I’m a bit apprehensive to just change myconfig.py to these addresses without knowing what they are.

In the picture, it appears that you did not connect the Jetson Nano to the PCA9685 board.

Thank you AfroLeopard you are correct. D’oh! Looking at the docs the connection is only shown from the Rpi and not the nano.

I have a friend that also recommended connecting the batteries to the servo controller via the green covered screw power supply connectors. What do you think?

connecting the batteries to the servo controller via the green covered screw power supply connectors

Definitely don’t do this. Your ESC has this feature called BEC (battery elimination circuit), which means those wires you connect between ESC and servo board distribute the power to servo board and that way also steering servo. Connecting extra power to the green socket could burn something.

@Andrew since you don’t seem to have much electronics hardware experience, may I suggest you get an Arduino kit from Adafruit.com and do some of their Learning excercises before going further with Donkey Car? Find a kit which has a button included and a POT. Then you can use the Learning examples to understand a bit about electronic wiring, battery power, button switches and servos.

I would start with making the onboard LED blink, then blink with a button push. Then make it dim and bright based on the POT(variable resistor). When you finish that, you should have a handle on doing the PCA9685 Learning example and should even be able to control the steering servo on your car with control via the POT.

Trying to approach this project as a step-by-step project without understanding what’s going on at the basic level is going to result in failure and frustration. If not now, when something breaks.

And yes, if you plug in your ESC control and then put 7.4+ volts also into the PCA9685 you’ll likely burn up your ESC or it’s BEC.

Thanks for all the help. I have my donkeyCar calibrated now.

And thanks for the suggestions. It is great having a forum where someone can get help.

Thanks again.

-AB