This is place to check for common problems and solutions:
“picamera.exc.PiCameraMMALError: Failed to enable connection: Out of resources”
- Cable is not installed correctly. The silver contacts of the ribbon cable to face away from the ethernet port, towards the rear of the donkeycar on the default mount.
- Metal screws holding in the camera may be short circuiting the power. Remove all screws holding the camera.
- Power supply is not rated for 2A or more and/or your USB cable is too cheap and can’t carry 2A or more. Replace them with known good parts
- The camera driver has not been loaded/enabled via raspi-config. the command
ls /dev/video0should show a file. If not, your camera device driver failed to load because it was disabled.
- Try installing and using raspicam to take pictures if you don’t think you installed donkey correctly.
raspistill -o testPic.jpg
- The camera module is bad. Swap for another or try with another pi board to cross reference.