DonkeyCar with Sunfounder Car

Hi, this is my first time posting in the Donkey Car forum. I’m trying to start a career as a robotics software engineer, and I’m trying to build a resume by doing robotics projects. I just build a SunFounder PiCar-V Smart Video Car (you can find the exact one here SunFounder Smart Robot Car Kit for Raspberry Pi) and I’d like to use ROS to custom program it to be able to do more complex projects. I already installed ROS on my Raspberry Pi but I’m not sure where to go from here. DonkeyCar looks like a good place to start this process, but is the software applicable with the SunFounder car? It doesn’t, as far as I’m aware, use an i2c controller, rather it uses a TB6612 Motor Driver and a PCA9685 PWM Driver. Any suggestions on how to use DonkeyCar for this? Thanks for your help!

Hi,

We moved to discord, https://discord.gg/PN6kFeA.

Cheers,
dP

Please look at the spec’s for the PCA9685 PWM driver you have on your sunFounder car.

Then look more closely at the documentation for the Donkeycar and specifically what is connected to the rPi I2C interface. You will be surprised.